Thursday, March 18, 2010

Google Maps

I have used Google Maps for driving directions quite a bit, but I've never really played around with it. I did some alternate routes, walking and biking directions, traffic, etc., but my favorite thing that I've never even noticed before is the photos. It is so strange that someone has gone around and taken pictures from all of those highways and intersections! It's pretty weird that you can see a picture of my house on there when you put in the address - I had no idea! so I had to look up all the addresses I know to see if you can see their houses, too. Some you can, and some not, but it was fun to try.

I looked up directions to the Southlake Public Library, where I hope to take a field trip one day to check out their Deweyless shelving system. (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=8201+memorial+ln+plano+tx&daddr=southlake+public+library&hl=en&geocode=&mra=ls&sll=37.0625,_95.677068&sspn=40.59616.92.724609&ie=UTF8&2=11)

No comments:

Post a Comment