Friday, May 7, 2010

Hulu

I did have fun on Hulu - it almost made me late for work this morning because I got involved in an episode of Glee! It is pretty cool that you can just log on and watch TV shows that you missed or even some movies. The commercials are a bit annoying, but not too bad, really. I watched some of the extras with cast interviews, etc. for a few minutes, and the clips are a good idea to give you a little taste of what a show is like. I think I will go back and watch some things on Hulu once my homework is all done and I'm feeling a little indulgent. :)

I don't really know how sites like Hulu will affect libraries' visual collections in the future. I still think people want DVDs to watch on their big TVs - watching on the computer is just not the same, and not everyone has a home computer, so I think people will still look to the library to provide them with entertaining DVDs - without the commercials.

No comments:

Post a Comment