Saturday, May 1, 2010

Wikis

I'm out of order here, I know, but I can't do the Things requiring sound on desk, so I'm skipping around... I must admit that I do sometimes use Wikipedia - it's easy and fast information. I wouldn't rely on it for serious research, but when you just need a quick fact, it's quite handy. I've never clicked on the discussion or history tabs before, and those were interesting. I was looking at an author's profile on there, and in the discussion section someone corrected a fact and said that he was the author's nephew and that's how he knew it was incorrect. Nice of him to take the time to do that.

I went to the restaurant wiki we created and added a comment there. It was fun to read what people had written. I like the idea of wikis - you have to be careful about the accuracy of the information, but they're useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment