Friday, May 7, 2010

YouTube

I must admit that I'm not a big fan of YouTube - probably because my kids are really into it and find the most ridiculous things to show me. There are some helpful how-to videos on there (how to tie a sari, for example), which are much easier to follow than just reading step-by-step instructions would be, but most of the stuff people post just seems stupid to me. Sometimes funny, yes, but still stupid.



I did watch a few of the librarian videos. Super Librarian was kinda cute - I liked how it pointed out all the different things that librarians can do for patrons in a fun way. I think that libraries could use YouTube if they had a fun idea to promote programs, especially for older kids and teens. I know I've seen on the posters for the Youth Storyteller auditions that they can submit a YouTube video, so that's also a good way to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment