Friday, May 7, 2010

Podcasting

Yay! I will be all caught up on 22 Things now! This is very exciting, and I am so hoping to win that Nook (since I work at BN, it would be nice if I had a clue how they work!) I never win anything, so I'm not holding my breath, but maybe... :)



Ok - podcasting. I went to the Sunnyvale Public Library's site just because it sounds like such a happy place. They had podcasts of different programs, and I listened to a couple of the Adult Programs. One was on Patent Application, and it had very poor sound quality. It was hard to hear, and the speaker had a very pronounced accent, which made the whole program hard to understand. The other one I listened to was "Taming the Credit Monster," which was much better quality.

I can see the benefits of podcasting for libraries and their patrons. If there is a program that someone is interested in but cannot attend, they can get the information from a podcast. On the other hand, maybe it would lower the number of people who would actually come to the library for programs when they can just stay home and listen to the information over the computer. Just another way to avoid face-to-face interaction. Hmm, that's sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment